- adds 24 (actual 23.976fps) and 25 frames per second (fps) recording to the camera’s EOS MOVIE video function
- change the 30fps option to the NTSC video standard of 29.97fps.
- histogram display for shooting movies in manual exposure, shutter-priority (Tv) and aperture-priority (Av)
- exposure modes will be available in movie mode
- audio levels set manually using a sound-level meter displayed on the LCD screen
- audio sampling frequency has also been increased from 44.1KHz to 48KHz
It will be available for free download on March 16th.
No word on whether the other features will be coming to the 7D.