Ad

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Quick News

First ProRes files from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera released | EOSHD
John Brawley has released a few ungraded ProRes files from his card, shot with the Pocket Cinema Camera and SLR Magic 35mm F1.4.
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera – First Impressions | Dan Moran | Mixing Light
I have to say I’m very impressed with this camera. The images John has shot are beautifully sharp and even in a difficult lighting situation I can’t see any issues. 


DSLR Shoulder Rig: A brief history of the shoulder-mounted video camera | DSLR Solutions
I remember when I first heard about DSLR cameras getting video capabilities. At the time, I owned a Panasonic DVX100 and I was not sure why anyone would want to capture video with a DSLR when they lacked the much-needed features only available on professional video cameras.


Nikon Quietly Getting Some Love in Hollywood | DoddleMe
It was rather quiet, in fact, we barely noticed when the news came out a few months back.  But Nikon’s D800 has been used on the sets of Showtime’s Dexter, and almost exclusively on FX’s Wilfred.  


Final Cut Pro X gets updated to 10.0.9 with stability improvements and bug fixes | FCP.co
It's an update, but a small one. Final Cut Pro X has been updated to 10.0.09. No new features, but stability improvements and bug fixes are always welcome.


NEW AVID Media Composer v7 Sony AMA plug-in for 4K RAW | Sony
This AMA plug-in provides support for Sony RAW MXF files (F65, PMW-F55/F5 and NEX-FS700) in Avid Media Composer and Symphony products, allowing viewing and editing capability.


Tips From a Former Vintage Gear Addict on How to Purchase Vintage Lenses | The Phoblographer
For years, I built a collection of cameras and lenses–consistently trying to feed my lust for the pieces. And this is how you do it.


This sounds terrible, and yet somehow inevitable...
Reinvent the Movie Theater: wifi, outlets, low lights, second screen experience | Hunter Walk
Increasingly I wanted my media experiences plugged in and with the ability to multitask. Look up the cast list online, tweet out a comment, talk to others while watching or just work on something else while Superman played in the background.
Fortunately, at least someone agrees it's a bad idea...
Don’t reinvent the movie theater, just refine it | Matt Singer
folks like me, who’d rather eat a smartphone than sit behind someone using one during a movie, would be relieved to be rid of those patrons. But this is what I still don’t understand: why would anyone want to pay $15 to not watch a movie?

No comments: