Ad

Friday, June 11, 2010

Everything will be okay - if you just wait

Was it just yesterday that I was reacting to the negative message of the book "The Shallows" (subtitled; What the Internet if Doing to our Brain) by proposing to change to the way I link to things in articles?

Because just this morning on NPR I heard an interview with author Clay Shirky, author of Cognitive Surplus, which "forecasts the thrilling changes we will all enjoy as new digital technology puts our untapped resources of talent and goodwill to use at last." It seems that we used to watch Television and accomplish nothing,  but now we're all on the Internet blogging about watching television, and that's much more productive!  Or something like that; I admit I wasn't paying close attention.

So it looks like everything's okay.


...I still plan to put the links at the end of the articles...at least for the moment.


LINKS
NotesOnVideo: Do Internet Makes Us Dumb?
Amazon.com: Cognitive Surplus: Creativity and Generosity in a Connected Ageby Clay Shirky
NPR: What Happens When People Migrate To The Internet?
Amazon.com: The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brainsby Nicholas Carr

No comments: