For registration, go to: Boston SuperMeet Workshops Registration
- 10:00AM - 10:45AM Adobe: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium for Final Cut Pro Editors
- 11:00AM - 11:45AM Adobe: Working with DSLR Video with Adobe CS5 Production Premium
- 12:00PM - 12:45PM Adobe: 3D Stereoscopic
- 1:15PM - 2:00PM Adobe: New Features in After Effects CS5
- 2:00PM - 4:00PM Canon: Rodney Charters, ASC on Impact of HD-DSLR and Digital Tools in Cinema
- 2:15PM - 3:00PM Adobe: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium for Final Cut Pro Editors
- 3:15PM- 4:00PM Adobe: Working with DSLR Video with Adobe CS5 Production Premium
Here's the write-up on the Rodney Charters workshop:
Rodney Charters, ASC on Impact of HD-DSLR and Digital Tools in Cinema
Canon Explorer of Light & Hollywood Director Rodney Charters discusses the new tools for Digital Cinema, how DSLRs are changing the film industry. Learn why photographers and directors are embracing this new technology. Charters is a seasoned Hollywood Director and Cinematographer of the hit FOX Series 24 among others.
About Rodney Charters:
On April 1 2004 Rodney Charters was invited to become an Active Member of the American Society of Cinematographers. This invitation to the ASC is a great priviledge and honour, as well as a prestigious hallmark in his career as a cinematographer.
As a self taught Mac guru, Rodney has embraced the remarkable changes taking place in the technological side of how movies are made. Working on some of the very first morphs to make it to the big screen with VFX Supervisor Jeff Okun on the the picture "Sleepwalkers" he learned to transform humans into cats and Chevy's into Fords.
It wasn’t until 2001, when a radical idea to shoot a show based in real time was conceived, that Rodney was tapped to shoot the hugely successful primetime drama 24 starring Kiefer Sutherland. It was Rodney’s keen understanding of documentary filmmaking that was needed to create the intense realism of 24 never before seen on a network primetime series.
In the years to follow, Rodney would become an Active Member of the American Society of Cinematographers, be nominated twice for an Emmy for Outstanding Cinematography, and become thego-to guy for the latest in camera and Apple technology. In 2008, Kodak Canada presented Rodney with the New Century Award for his services to the art of Cinematography.