- Top Ten Kick Ass Tips For Shooting Action Horror From 'Zomblies' Director Dave Reynolds | Dave Reynolds | ChrisJonesBlog
Lots of good tips, from blood and working with guns, to storyboarding and lens choices.
- Telling Better Stories - A Report from 2011 EditFest in New York | Dan Ochiva | Editors Guild
Very extensive summaries of the sessions from June's 2011 American Cinema Editors’s (ACE) EditFest New York. Well worth reading.
- Low budget is no problem for cell phone filmmaker | Mike Krumboltz | The Upshot
A movie shot on cell phones - the Nokia N8 - which also happens to be the winner in the Nokia Shorts competition 2011. There's a link to a "making of" video too.
- Photoshop CS5 HUD Color Pickers | Dan Moughamian | TipSquirrel
I didn't know about the HUD (or Heads Up Display) Color Pickers in Photoshop...
- The Tao Colorist | Patrick Inhofer | The Tao of Color
Patrick's weekly round-up of interesting stuff.
- Alaska Road Trip with the Sony FS-100 | Zak Melms | Vimeo
Nice collection of shots made with the NEX-FS100. "The picture profile was set to Cinematone 1, Manual Knee 80% +2, with Cinematone 1 color. Almost everything was shot with the kit 18-200mm lens assisted by a Genus vari-ND filter, some 16mm ƒ2.8."
- Making Film with Micky Jones | Thomas Roberts | Jag35
An audio podcast that interviews filmmakers, this episode with Micky Jones from Australia about his career as an editor and about some the different productions he’s been involved with.