Today on "What Does That Filter Do?" we look at Tiffen's Glimmerglass.
Reading the specs, the first few seem pretty straight forward...
- Softens Fine Details Like Blemishes
- Adds Slight Glow to Highlights
- Reduces Contrast
- Minimal Highlight Flare
It's the next one that catches your attention:
- Generates a Silver Sparkle in the Glass
- Brings a Psychological Edge to the Shot
- Makes Subject Feel More Confident
The main feature of Glimmerglass is that it produces a silver sparkle in the front of the filter that makes your subject feel more confident. That sparkle adds a psychological element to the shot that makes your subject more responsive and confident that the session is going well. In that sense, Glimmerglass is as effective to look at as it is to look through.Well, that explains that!