Ad

Thursday, April 01, 2010

iPad apps are available now

Apple has released iPad apps in the iTunes store. There's already hundreds of apps. I spent an hour or so paging through them; it's a little disorienting because the order of the apps seems to change each time you go to a new page. I saw apps multiple times, and new apps appeared as I went backwards through the pages! But you should be able to find a few interesting ones.

I bought the three Apple apps; Pages, Numbers and Keynote, as well as Flight Control HD (because I love the game.) I looked at some To Do programs, but couldn't decided which one to go for. I'm going to hope some reviews come out over the next week or two. I also downloaded some free apps; AIM, Twitterific and Epicurious. I'm sure I'll get a few more.

I had thought there was talk that the iBookstore would be an app that you have to download, but there's no sign of it at the moment.

Finally, I notice that the iTunes Apps section on my computer now has three app sections;
  1. iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Apps
  2. iPhone and iPod touch Apps
  3. iPad Apps

UPDATE [4/2 7:49] The iBooks app is now available at iTunes.

No comments: