- Canon Lens Price Increases | CanonRumors
Canon has announced increased prices on six lenses, most of which aren't even shipping yet. Effective July 25h
- LaCie pushes back Thunderbolt Little Big Disk to late fall | Electronista
No reason given from LaCie, though other manufacturers are shipping products.
- Low fly of Venice Italy in HD | F9photo | ProPic
Spectacular low flying shot of Venice Italy shot along the Giudecca Canal past the Piazza San Marco and St Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco in Italian).
- Hurlblog Interview - Frieder Hochheim of Kino Flo | Shane Hurlbut | Vimeo
Hurlblog Interview Kino Part 2 | Shane Hurlbut | Vimeo
Founder Freider Hochheim talks about the direction and future of lighting company Kino Flo.
- Shooting in Senegal (Part 1): Talent Comes First | Chris Collins | WideOpenCamera
The trials and tribulations of shooting in Africa.
- Sony NEX-FS100 Accessory Mounting Plate | Berkey Systems
Accessory plate mounts to the two 1/4-20 holes on the top of the camera body plus the 1/4-20 on the hot shoe and provides the ideal setup for mounting iris rods above your lens, a carry handle or a monitor mount. Pre-order is available now with an expected ship date of July 1st. Price will be $250 at product release ($230 now)
More pictures here: Spy Shots | Berkey Systems
- What Can You Do With DaVinci Resolve V8.0? | Silverado/BlackMagic Design
Link to DaVinci Resolve v8.0 Demo Video
- 5 Tips to Think About When Getting Started as an Editor | Lawrence Jordan | Hollywood Reinvented
A very thoughtful guide to what to think about if you want to get into the industry; i.e. when should you move to LA?
- ZEISS Slice | Jon Fauer | Film & Digital Times
See Zeiss lenses sliced in half.
- VIDEO: Focal Length and Depth | Jason Tomaric | MasteringFilm
Jason Tomaric shares more about focal length and depth on film cameras.
- Will Netflix reverse price hike? Outlook not good | Greg Sandoval | CNET
Despite customer discontent, it's unlikely that Netflix will reverse it's pricing changes. Rivals looks to entice customers.