What it really boils down to is “codec wars.” Which codec is best is a question that leads to a bottomless pit of discussion. In essence, the answer is what look do you like and what works best in your scenario. ProRes is a 10-bit I frame codec which most importantly holds up to considerable grading and VFX work. That alone places it at the top in the minds of many users.In Review: AJA Ki Pro Mini
- The Tao Colorist: latest news for the colorist: [TaoColorist] Sunday Morning Reading (Subscription Season!) Sunday, June 5, 2011
- TED Talks on filmmaking. No Film School has put together seven talks from TED about film making: Seven Inspiring TED Talks About Filmmaking
- Becoming a Director. Elliot Grove at Raindance offers: 9 routes to breaking in as a film director
- Novelist, screenwriter, and game designer Chuck Wendig offers 25 Things You Should Know About Storytelling
- RED: The Good and the Bad, Jim Jannard posts an update on the latest news from RED about the development and availability of different products including EPIC-X (delays due to componenets from Japan) and RED Scarlet (issues with fixed lens, delayed to September). Reduser: All the bad news...
- More Apple Rumors/Guesses: 9 to 5 Mac thinks Lion may be available June 14th. They also think there will be changes at stores on June 7th. [so does this mean new product both weeks?] Apple may surprise with June 14 launch of Mac OS X Lion
- Any Warhol interviews Alfred Hitchcock at FilmmakerIQ