- RED Scarlet: Ted Schilowitz from RED talks to Jared Abams from Wide Open Camera about the RED Scarlet. Emphasizes that it's a better video camera than a DSLR and it can shoot good stills too. Shows how the menus work and talks about the lens that comes with the fixed-lens model: Vimeo: NAB2011 - Wide Open Camera - Scarlet & Ted from RED
Ted also talked to Cinema5D about the RED Epic and the Scarlet: Ted Schilowitz pooh-poohs my hdslr and I still think RED is cool
- RED Announcements. You can read RED's official announcements, including a notice that the situation in Japan has delayed the EPIC-X and Scarlet 8X (the fixed lens Scarlet.): Reduser: Official NAB announcements...
- RED Epic on a remote-controlled helicopter: The Editblog: This remote helicopter flies a RED!
- RED in Documentary work: Dan Chung also talks to Ted, in this case about whether the RED Scarlet or Epic could be used for documentary work, and they also talk about using the AJA Key Pro Mini with the RED: DSLR News Shooter
- Sony NEX-FS100: Interview with Den Lennie (I think they have the spelling of his last name wrong) talking about the design of the NEX-FS100 and the operation of the camera: FreshDV: NAB11 FS100 with Den Lenny
- Sony PMW-TD300 shoulder-mount 3D camcorder. A picture from the show floor of the camera under glass - [it was under glass; it wasn't operational? Then it might be further away from release than we thought...] Twitpic: Sony Professional
- Sony F65: an audio interview with Richard Louis, Sony Product Specialist about their new 4K camera: Nab Show Buzz: RICHARD LOUIS, SONY
- High Resolution Camera News: Interested in high-res video cameras? The 4K Hub might be worth following: 4khub.co.za
- Genus Professional Video Shoulder Mount: YouTube: NAB 2011 live - Genus Professional Video Shoulder Mount 01
- Genus Hurricane 3D Rig: mirror or side-by-side for only $8,500. YouTube: NAB 2011 - Filmtools talks to Manfrotto about The Hurricane Rig
- Lensbaby Composer Pro: A video from Wide Open Camera showing the new Lensbaby Composer Pro, which has a metal ball to provide smooth focusing: Vimeo: NAB2011 - Wide Open Camera - Lensbaby Composer Pro
- Manfrotto 509HD & 502A Tripods: specs and video of new professional fluid heads: cinescopophilia: Manfrotto 509HD & 502A Tripods
- AJA: NAB Show Buzz interviews Nick Rashby, President of AJA about their new hardware and firmware updates: NICK RASHBY, AJA
- Avid $995 Crossgrade for Final Cut Pro Users: Are you a Final Cut Pro user that wasn't convinced by the SuperMeet demo? Then you can cross-grade to Avid for just $995: Avid: Got Final Cut? Get Media Composer for Just $995
- Avid information: The NAB Show Buzz podcast talks to Vincent Maza, Worldwide Marketing Manager for Avid about Avid’s NAB 2011 announcements, including a new technology preview for 3D editing: VINCENT MAZA, AVID
- Bruce Johnson suggests that software developers abandon the "Pro" label.
Though he gets the history wrong; Apple didn't hire Randy Ubillos to create Final Cut as a competitor to Premiere. Macromedia hired Randy to make a video editor, then decided they couldn't release it and looked for a buyer. It's widely reported that Apple bought Final Cut (called KeyGrip) after no-one else came forward.
ProVideoCoalition: A Modest Proposal Regarding Editing Software
From The Show Floor
- James Drake has put up pictures he took on the show floor: The Best of NAB 2011
- At FilmMaker.com, David Leitner gives his recap of the first two days of the show: LEITNER’S MONDO NAB, PART ONE | LEITNER’S MONDO NAB, PART TWO
- Sony rolls out the Big Demo gear; The John Lennon Bus at NAB: Sony Pro USA: Twitpic: John Lennon Bus