- SUPERMEET: TICKET UPDATE: Last tickets will go on sale Tuesday, April 12th at 10AM PST (Vegas time) at http://supermeet.com
It's still unknown whether the event will be streamed or not.
- Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Update: Adobe has announced CS5.5, a paid upgrade to CS5 (the Production Premium upgrade starts at $399.) It should ship within 30 days. Adobe has also announced a new subscription option which starts at US$39 per month for Adobe Premiere Pro and US$85 per month for Production Premium.
The update includes: performance and workflow improvements, new creative tools, and new audio editing capabilities. The Adobe Mercury Playback Engine broadens its graphics processing unit (GPU) hardware support to include laptops and more supported cards.
Adobe Press Release: Adobe Unveils Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5 Production Premium web page
Adobe: After Effects CS5.5: What’s new and changed
Adobe: Subscription Editions
Adobe will be holding a Facebook Q&A with Creative Suite Evangelists 9-10am PDT TODAY.
[UPDATE:] Scott Simmons at ProVideoCoalition takes a look at what's in the Premiere update: Adobe Premiere Pro hits 5.5
- Adobe SDK. Adobe just released an SDK so developers can build iPad apps that control Photoshop on your computer. And they announced three of their own! Photojojo: Adobe SDK
- Panasonic Video: A short video with Jan Crittenden of Panasonic discussing the three new Panasonic camera announcements (but not the new 3D camera). Vimeo: NAB 2011: Panasonic
- Redrock Micro Electronic Follow-Focus: Dan Chung talks to Brain Valente of Redrock Micro about his company’s new electronic follow focus system during setup at the NAB show 2011. Pricing: Main unit is $595, plus $95 for finger focus control BUT you have to add a motor, and that costs $2,400...they are looking at doing their own motors with a target price of under $1,000, but no word on when those will be available: NAB 2011 – REDROCK MICRO
- Zacuto Scorpion Rig: Cinema 5D interviews Jens Bogehegn from Zacuto about the new Scorpion camera rig: NAB 2011 – Zacuto Scorpion Rig – first look
- PluralEyes for EDIUS: Singular Software is showing a demo of a new version of Plural Eyes for EDIUS at NAB 2011 in booth SL33. They will be releasing a public beta program "soon."
- RED Scarlet preview in low-light: a little sneak preview of the Scarlet by Ted Schilotwitz. YouTube: PRE-NAB 2011 Red Scarlet Preview
- Official SMPTE Blog This blog is reporting from NAB, and already covered a talk by Douglas Trumbull, and a peak at video shot with the Sony F65. The Official SMPTE Blog
- Gary Bettan, @videoguys, reports that Avid is offering a $995 cross-grade to Avid Media Composer for Final Cut Pro users (normally $2,295). Take that, Apple! And that the AJA KiPro mini is approved for ProRes capture with RED Epic
- D|Focus, D|Matte Matte Box. the D|Matte follows in the D|Focus V3's footsteps providing a professional style matte box at a price the hobbyist can afford. The D|Matte was specifically designed with DSLR lenses in mind featuring two 4 x 4 filter slots, one rotating and includes an adjustable French flag. Price $299. Should be available "end of May" though that could slip. The first version will be a clip-on model, and they will later be offering a rod-mounted version: D|Matte Matte Box
- Hand Held Hollywood at NAB: The mobile-centric film production website HHH is hosting a vendor table at SuperMeet with four developers: Cinemek showing Storyboard Composer HD for the iPad. PureBlend software will be presenting MovieSlate (along with news of their recent Technicolor partnership). Moviola Studios will be showing off their idigital video guides for iOS. And Doddle will be demonstrating their call-sheet-on-the-go/production directory apps. Hand Held Hollywood
- SmallHD Electronic Viewfinder: SmallHD has jumped into the EVF field too with the announcement of their own Electronic View Finder, as well as the DP4 Field Monitor. Planet5D: SmallHD announces DP4 Field Monitor and EVF at NAB
- Eyeheight Announces Development of complianceSuite Plug-ins for Media Composer: "complianceSuiteMC includes powerful tools that guarantee legalization and graphics compliance. The tools enable post production staff to guarantee that programmes and interstitials are fully compliant. The comfortable and familiar interface will provide extremely precise measurements and controls and, therefore, peace of mind." complianceSuite Plug-ins for Media Composer
- NAB Show Live: a web broadcast coming from NAB.
[UPDATED 10:15PM - Added ProVideoCoalition link to Adobe CS5.
Added NAB Show Live]