High Output Studios
Coffee & Bagels 9:30 AM
Seminars 10:00 - 12:00 Noon
A panel of talented filmmakers will deconstruct what "Independent Filmmaking" means today. In addition to being producers, directors and writers, they are also fundraisers, marketers, bloggers, distributors, educators, CEOs and CFOs of their own companies, technologists, designers, and more – all while keeping the fundamental STORY in their films front and center, and figuring out how to distribute their content onto all available platforms.
MEET THE PANEL
• Gabrielle Dockterman – Director / Producer, Angel Devil Productions
• Laurie Kahn – Director / Producer, Blueberrry Hill Productions
• Beth Murphy – Filmmaker / Founder, Principle Pictures
• Moderated by Kathryn Dietz – Executive Director, Filmmakers Collaborative
FALL MPC MEETING | Tuesday, September 17th
6:00 - 7:30 pm Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres, Networking.
7:30 - 9:00 pm Presentations
Join the MA film and media industry for a great night of networking, cocktails, and special presentations.
• MPC News & Updates
• Lisa Strout, MA Film Office Director MA Film Commissioner Lisa Strout, will join us to share the latest updates from the MFO, and a look at what's ahead for the MA film industry. mafilm.org
• The Making of PLIMPTON! with Director Luke Poling Opening on screens across the nation to rave reviews from the NY Times, Variety, IndieWire, and countless others, Boston-based director Luke Poling will join us to speak about the making of Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself – a brilliant documentary on the life and times of America's most endearing editor, essayist, sportswriter, adventurer, and "party animal of the intelligentsia."
Rule Boston Camera Pub Night: Shooting Abroad with Cinematographer Zach Zamboni | Wednesday, September 15
6-8pm with Pizza and Beer! This event is free. RSVP Here
Shooting Abroad with Award-Winning Cinematographer, Zach Zamboni
Zach Zamboni returns to Pub Night to share his vast experiences filming in literally every corner of the world. Zach will talk about his most recent travels with feedback on what it's like shooting with the new Sony F5 and S-Log on the fly, in documentary situations. He'll cover his adventures from both a technical and non-technical perspective, and he is looking forward to questions on all aspects of travel and cinematography!
ABOUT ZACH ZAMBONI:
Raised in Maine, Zach studied Philosophy, Writing and Cinematography at the University of Maine, the University of East Anglia in the UK and at the Maine Workshops. He learned the art and technique of lighting as an electrician and gaffer within the ranks of New York’s independent feature and commercial world.
As a Director of Photography, Zach has spent years working abroad in every climate and continent. More than 10,000 hours of international camera work have given him a rare perspective on people and cultures near and far.
Zach’s work includes: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown for CNN, The Layover, The Getaway for Esquire, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations for Travel Channel, Gourmet’s Diary of A Foodie for WGBH/National Geographic as well as variety of other Film, Doc and Television work.
BOSCPUG (Boston Creative Pro User Group Meeting) | Thursday, September 26
Details not finalized, but they've tweeted:
HUGE Raffle and Hollywood Editor to be announced for Thursday, Sept. 26th BOSCPUG - RSVP Url to GO Live Tuesday!