Ad

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Quick Links

Testing Rode’s new Reporter Microphone | Daniel Freytag | Blog
Thanks to the combination of a redesigned head and a low positioned membrane the sound is very resistant to wind. Rode itself says in a video that 'you can be in a hurricane and still don't get any wind noise'. I didn't have a hurricane at hand that but you get the idea how resistant it is.


Review of the Blackmagic Micro Four Thirds Cinema Camera | Philip Bloom | Blog
So…I recommend the MFT over the EF BUT is this a blanket recommendation? No. Everyone’s needs and circumstances are different. When I say I recommend it, I mean it is my choice of the two…if you own no MFT glass at all and lots of Canon glass it’s hard to justify going that route.


EOS-1D C Firmware After NAB | CanonRumors
I received a screenshot of the firmware being tested a few days and just got around to it today. The screenshot shows all the various frame rates available to you for the EOS-1D C. The biggest addition is the ability to record in 25p at 4K resolution.


Lightworks Shark Bytes Tutorials | EditShare
Interested in learning about the Lightworks NLE, they've posted some new tutorials:
Now introducing: Shark Bytes Tutorials, a new series of quick videos & fast projects to help everyone quickly get up to speed with Lightworks.


DFocus version3 VS. version4 | jeremy widen | Widen Media Blog
The most obvious change is moving from a dual rod unit to a single rod. The v4 is easier to maneuver around on a rig because it only need one 15mm rod to clamp to. It’s also lighter, which helps with making the whole rig better.


The FT-ONE gives you 4K slow mo at 900fps (84secs) | Philip Johnston
| HD Warrior
The FT-ONE can record up to 900 frames per second (fps). Employing FOR-A’s high-sensitivity CMOS color sensor, “FT1-CMOS,” the self-contained unit records and plays back full 4K (4096 x 2160 pixels). One output channel can provide QFHD (four 1080p 3G-SDI) outputs, while the other output channel provides down-converted HD-SDI for live viewing and playback.


Behind the Lens: Game of Thrones with Anette Haellmigk | Anette Haellmigk
| Creative COW
Sean MoeGame of Thrones came to me through director Alex Graves, with whom I've worked for 17 years. In Spring of 2012, when we were doing the 666 pilot together, he told me Game of Thrones had approached him to shoot two episodes, I said, "If you get it, you have to take me with you. I love that show so much, and I think I can contribute."


Supply and Demand Pains: Fujifilm Film Prices to Jump 20% Later This Year
| Michael Zhang | Peta Pixel
Last week we reported that Fujifilm is planning to increase its film prices by 25% starting this month due to decreased consumer demand. Turns out that was specifically for the Japanese market, and that the hit won’t be as serious in the United States.

No comments: