- Final Cut Pro to Adobe Premiere Pro "Gotchas" 1 | walter biscardi, jr.
"For the Final Cut Pro editor migrating over to Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5, there are a few quirks within the application that will drive you absolutely bonkers. Here's a few of the "gotchas" that got me and how to avoid them."
- CINEMA Picture Profile. Worth the money? | Chris Marino
| Wide Open Camera
Chris downloaded the $19 CINEMA Picture Style for Canon cameras, and tried is out compared to Technicolors Cinestyle Picture Style.
- A Portal Effect in After Effects | Video Copilot
A video tutorial showing how to make a smokey portal effect with turbulent Particles in After Effects.
- UnderWaterRealm Blog WEEK 31 - 5DmkII vs EX1 Underwater!
| Realm Pictures
A shootout between the Canon 5DmkII and the Sony EX1 underwater! It starts with an interesting discussion about shooting a scene underwater. The Canon loses due to usability, but also because depth-of-field isn't really necessary underwater, BUT, they don't think either camera will work for their final production!
- Be a Faster AC #1: Use a Camera Cart for Your Gear
| The Black and Blue
A tip about getting your gear around; get a cart.
- Lightworks for Mac to be available 19th December 2011
| Learn Final Cut
Oh this is bad, when a Final Cut Pro trainer recommends something else; in this case the upcoming Mac version of Lightworks. It is free!
- Rumor: Canon 4K S35 Video Camera Announcement By November 2011 | Jared Abrams | Wide Open Camera
CanonRumors reported hints of this last week, and now here comes what appears to be a different source confirming a Canon large-sensor video camera (then again, someone that read the original CanonRumors article might have just repeated it to Jared!) Interesting detail about price; ~$15,000.
- ARRI L-Series at IBC 2011 | ARRI | YouTube
Ryan Fletcher talks about the ARRI L-Series of LED fixtures at IBC. Nice, but expensive! [B&H lists the Arri L-7D Daylight LED Fresnel at $2,309.95]