Avid has announced Avid Studio, a consumer level editing application that will cost $169.99 and runs under Windows 7.
Transform your HD videos, photos, and audio files into rich, multimedia experiences with Avid Studio movie production software––featuring the same technology used by top Hollywood editors. Edit like a pro with sophisticated photo and video correction tools, a powerful library that organizes all your media in one place, unlimited timeline tracks for advanced effects, and more. In-depth training materials get you started quickly, and the included templates, effects, and transitions provide fresh inspiration for each new project. Integrated disc authoring and a variety of export formats make it easy to share your production with family, friends, and the world.
- Sophisticated movie editing tools, including markers and keyframes
- Powerful media management library to organize videos, photos, and audio files
- Media editor to apply corrections or effects to videos, photos, and audio
- Unlimited timeline tracks for advanced editing and compositing
- Professional add-ons and plug-ins (valued at over $2,000):
- Red Giant Plug-in package
- Complete Avid content package
- 100 additional HD video transitions
- Comprehensive collection of how-to videos from Class on Demand
- Motion Titler for adding animated graphics and text
- Audio tools for professional sound quality
- 5.1 surround sound import/export functionality
- AVCHD burning; DVD and Blu-ray disc authoring and burning tools
- 5' x 6' green screen sheet for chroma-key effects
Avid Studio is expected to be released March 8th. Interestingly, in their online literature, they compare it only with Pinnacle Studio.
Avid: Avid Studio
[UPDATE: Oh, Avid owns Pinnacle? How'd I miss that?: Avid Unveils Four Consumer Editing Suites]