Sony and 3D World magazine have teamed up for a 3D competition. Create a stereo 3D short film and you might win a 3D Home Entertainment system, (as well as fame and glory.) Okay, you probably won't get any of that, but you might learn a thing or two, and you have until July 9th to enter!
Most interesting is that the site has a bunch of resources that might help those looking to dabble in 3D. PDF tutorials include:
- Ben Kitching explains how to create a stereoscopic camera rig in your 3D modelling app of choice, so that you can create a stereoscopic 3D film
- Red Star 3D's Ben Smith explains how Dracula 4D, a spooky action comedy, was given the stereoscopic treatment
- Mark Ramshaw looks at the fresh challenges, the new grammar and the wider implications for the CG industry.
- Eric Bacus builds a LightWave S-3D camera rig
- Creating stereo 3D with Gary Noden
- Cinema 4D stereoscopic workflow
- Modo401: stereoscopic workflow
- Maya: go stereoscopic
[UPDATE 1:05PM] clarrified that Eric Bacus video concerns LightWave