UltraStudio 3D allows portable capture and playback with full resolution dual stream 3D support, 10 bit hardware architecture, dual link 3 Gb/s SDI, support for up to 1080p60 in SDI and component analog and HDMI 1.4a connections, as well as full SD, HD and 2K support, is now shipping for only US$995. [B & H still lists it as available for pre-order, at $945.25.]
Dual stream 3D allows customers to use the UltraStudio 3D dual link SDI connections to capture and play back two streams, one for the left eye and one for the right eye. The two streams are recorded into two separate media files.
UltraStudio 3D is also based on a new internal hardware design with support for 10 bit SDI video and full support for video rates up to 1080p60 via SDI, HDMI and analog component. Thunderbolt technology easily handles this quality, and allows high end post production quality and features in a portable design.
“We are so excited to release the world's first feature film quality Thunderbolt technology based capture and playback device. Working closely with Intel and Apple on this project, I cannot believe how many advanced industry leading features are packed into this single product,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. "UltraStudio 3D has finally provided a real, portable high quality solution at a price anyone can afford!"
UltraStudio 3D Key Features
- Thunderbolt technology at 10 Gb/s data rate.
- 3G SDI (3 Gb/s SDI) in and out, supports SD, HD up to 1080p60 and 2K.
- RGB 4:4:4 Workflows Up to 2K Resolution.
- SDI inputs include full SDI re-clocking for capture from poor quality SDI sources.
- HDMI 1.4a in and out, supports SD and HD formats up to 1080p60 and frame packing 3D.
- Hardware based 10 bit Up, Down and Cross-Conversion.
- RS-422 Deck Control.
Blackmagic: Blackmagic Design Announces UltraStudio 3D With Thunderbolt Technology™ Is Now Shipping