Ad

Monday, August 30, 2010

B-17 Liberty Belle video

A couple of months ago the B-17 Liberty Belle visited a small airfield north of Boston, and I went out to shoot some video of it. It was mostly a learning exercise as it was one of the first time's I used the Canon 7D to do an extended shoot. The weather was awful; during all of the time you could get close to the aircraft it was pouring rain, and the sky was totally white with clouds.

I did a rough cut, and was somewhat happy with it, and then I went to the Philip Bloom workshop - it's never a good idea to do something like that in the middle of a project; you end up hating everything you've done - and decided the rough cut was too rough.

There wasn't anything I could do about re-shooting, but I could do some visual effects. I ended up adding cloud effects using Apple Motion, which got rid of the boring white skies, and some zoom and panning to give the thing more life. Fortunately, all of the middle sequences were shot on a tripod, which - luckily - made adding the skies much easier.

Note that the beginning and ending sequences were shot using a Sony Handicam, while the middle sequence was shot with the Canon 7D.

1 comment:

1200flasher said...

Beautiful shots of a beautiful plane.