For the NEX-FS100:
- Added 50Hz recording system (PAL): 1920x1080 50p, 50i, 25p and 1280x720 50p.
- Camera Profile (camera settings can be saved to and loaded from a memory card).
- Additional 4x and 8x Expanded Focus magnification: (with user selectable focus area).
- Selectable ISO or GAIN sensitivity display.
- Selectable Focus indication in FEET or METERS (E-mount lens only).
- Selectable Shutter indication as EXPOSURE TIME or SHUTTER ANGLE.
- Added the following Aspect-Ratio markers: 2.35:1, 1.85:1 and 1.66:1.
- Display ON/OFF button enables Zebra and/or Histogram overlay onto video output.
- Compatible with the new A-Mount to E-Mount adaptor, model LA-EA2. One push Auto-IRIS and Continuous 15-point, Phase-Detection Auto-Focus operation with most Alpha A-Mount lenses is available. Lens metadata is displayed onscreen and stored real time to image file.
The noteable change for the HXR-NX70U is a fix to the zoom rocker switch operation, adding selectable zoom speed. Some reviewers found the original zoom very difficult to work with.