- Canon XF300/XF305 news : May 18, 2010
A short Q&A on these new cameras
- In their own words: Indie filmmakers : May 17, 2010
Mike Bowes of Central Productions, with Garth Donovan, director of Philip the Fossil, Mark Colucci, director of Slip and Fall, and Kurt Bergeron, production designer for God of Vampires
- Hitchcock and his dog : May 12, 2010
Everyone's getting into the HDSLR revolution
- EditShare Lightworks goes Open Source : May 17, 2010
I recently spoke to James Richings, Head of Product Management, who gave me a run down on what they are doing with this editing program.
- Setting up the iPad and AC-7 Pro for Final Cut Pro : May 10, 2010
A fun and inexpensive add-on to Final Cut - provided you already have an iPad!
- In their own words: Henry Corra : May 8, 2010
Henry Corra talks about his latest film, "The Disappearance of McKinley Nolan,” at a sneak peak at the Independent Film Festival of Boston
- In their own words: Rebecca Richman Cohen : May 6, 2010
Talks about her documentary "War Don Don"
- Dina Rudick - photographer & videographer : May 3, 2010
Staff photographer at The Boston Globe talks about producing video to go with online stories
- In their own words: Chico Colvard : May 1, 2010
Filmmaker Chico Colvard recently completed his first film, Family Affair. Colvard was a corporate litigator who almost stumbled into filmmaking – and this project – when he started video taping interviews with his family nine years earlier. He discussed his movie, and the production process
- Webcast report: createasphere HDSLR Video Production - Highlights from NAB : April 27, 2010
Notes from a webcast with Jared Abrams of Cinema 5D, Tim Smith of Canon and Philip Bloom of Philip Bloom.
- What They Forgot To Tell You: The cost of HDSLRs : April 24, 2010
- Dual recording with the H4n : April 17, 2010
- First Annual Not-the-NAB Awards : April 16, 2010
The highs and lows of this years NAB
- Dashwood 3D : April 15, 2010
Notes from Tim Dashwood's talk at this years NAB SuperMeet
- Las Vegas SuperMeet at NAB : April 14: 2010
What went on at this year's NAB SuperMeet
- It's in the bag - Kata CC-195 : April 7, 2010
Review of the Kata CC-195 videocamera bag
- iPad video formats : April 4, 2010
Trying to figure out what video sizes to use for the iPad.
- Managing files in Final Cut Pro : March 28, 2010
Just where are you supposed to put your work files anyway?
- Visual Effects for "A Shine of Rainbows" : March 27, 2010
Dermot Shane's shot list of effects used in the film that are visible just in the short trailer.
- More Thoughts on the Great Camera Shootout - part I : March 25, 2010
The Zacuto comparison of different HDSLRs is pretty awesome. I try to figure out what it all means.
- Panasonic 3D Tour report : March 22, 2010
I check out 3D TVs and aren't that impressed.
- The case for and against the HXR-FMU128 : March 19, 2010
It's an expensive little add-on for the Sony HXR-NX5. Should you get one?
- 3d is loose in the world! Part 2 : March 18, 2010
A Sony presentation on 3D.
- Dymo DiscPainter review : March 18, 2010
A review of this disc label printer
- 3d is lose in the world! Part 1 : March 17, 2010
At the yearly Camera Company Show a presentation on 3D technologies at the SMPTE meeting
- Camera Company Pro Video Show Report : March 13, 2010
- AVCHD archives : March 12: 2010
Creating archives of AVCHD files for use with Final Cut Pro.
Links to past feature items: